Scottish Pipes and Traditional Music
Court Composer and Master of Musick
Lindsay Davidson, the distinguished bagpiper, holds office as
Court Composer & Master of Pipe Musick. He was previously Town
Piper for Linlithgow and Head of the Davidson School of Piping
training over 200 young people as pipers.
He is always present at significant Prestoungrange Arts Festival
events but is more particularly responsible for encouraging composition
and music throughout the community.
||A selection of his own music playing with the
String Orchestra of Poland is available on CD - Philharmonic
The Arts Festival also sponsors the Prestonpans Pipes and Drums, for young people in the vicinity, and they play at many Arts Festival events throughout the year.
Davy Steele's Music
The late Davy Steele is one of the best known musicians from
Prestonpans, and two of his CD's are available for sale from The
Prestoungrange Gothenburg or here online.
To of his most famous traditional songs, Johnnie
Moat and Rose O' Summerlee, are linked here online.
Greentrax Prestonpans CD Selection
Greentrax, one of Scotland's leading recording studio's for traditional
music, as made this unique collection of music from Prestonpans
and East Lothian for the Arts Festival.
It can be purchased at the Prestoungrange Gothenburg.
- Here's a Health Tae The Sauters and Cajun Two
Step - Ceolbeg
- Farewell Tae The Haven - The McCalmans
- Johnnie Cope - Ceolbeg
- Jimmy Waddell and the Battle of the Somme
- Heave Ya Ho - Drinkers Drouth
- Fisherrow - Heritage
- Wha'll Dreg A Buckie - Drinkers
- Caller Oysters (Poem) - Robin Laing
- Muir and The Master Builder - Dick
- The Collier's Way - Ceolbeg
- The Rolling Hills of The Borders -
- The Yew Tree - Dick Gaughan
- The Forth Bridge Song - Robin Laing