INDEX 1745  GLOBAL MURALS  PRESTONPANS  ARTS FESTIVAL  GOTHENBURG FOWLERS..


Home

Origins & History

Heritage & Museum

Clan Court & Household

University Press

Regalia

Golfing Delights

Appointments

Court Records

Picture Gallery

Manor of Milton Malsor
Oceana
East Lodge Prestonpans
Laird of Glencairn

MBE

Barony of Lochnaw

Barga
Shop Online

News & Email

Search
Site News

PRESTONPANS COMMUNITY COUNCIL - Minutes 13/11/07

PRESTONPANS COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES TUESDAY 13th NOVEMBER 2007

CHAIRMAN
The Chairman opened the meeting welcoming everyone and introduced the two new members of the Police Force specifically employed to police the area on foot to assist in Community policing.

APOLOGIES
Harry Cairney, Matthew Edmond and Dot Telford

PRESENT
James Yule (Chair), Viv Glew, Vic Cummings, Ian Telford, Madge Henderson, Selena Czech, Alex Czech, Joe Scott, Margaret Kay, Walter Thomson, Willie Innes, Wattie Anderson, Community Policeman, Neil Mitchell, Davy Aitchison and Greg Macbeth and Sergeant Neil Valentine

POLICE REPORT
James Yule thanked the Police for their excellent work on Remembrance Sunday.
The Community Policemen outlined their role. They will police various known areas to help reduce underage drinking, and other youth activities causing anti social behaviour. They will be in uniform and also plain clothes.
The funding has come from the previous Labour led Council and thanks were given to Willie Innes who had done much to secure these posts. The posts are over and above the normal compliment of police and it is hoped they will be successful and receive further funding long term initiative.

MINUTES OF MEETING OCTOBER 2007
Adopted by Ian Telford and Margaret Kay

MATTERS ARISING
None

CORRESPONDENCE
1) Raymond Strang had issued planning details for housing and we agreed to them.
2) Letter regarding name change of Seton House – agreed if meets criteria for a castle then agree name change, if not then no.
3) ELC Tenants Association newsletter - noted
4) ELC minutes of Council Committees – noted.

LOCAL REPORTS
We agreed to go ahead with the repairs for the Christmas lights etc at a cost of £750.00. Vic and Ian have been speaking to the ELC and arranged the lights for switch on 30th November. In future we will need to know how much money we have available for the lights and repair costs earlier in the year. It was suggested we approach local businesses to sponsor some lights.
Christmas Tree –. There is a problem with the electricity for the tree lights which is being sorted.
Local Services Management Group – new projects are working well but funding is required for the sub groups. Preston Lodge Head Teacher, Willie Galbraith, is also involved giving a youth input from the school.

Planning – Station Road houses – agreed
A new scheme from David Wilson homes but more details needed. The planning workshop was well reported by Alex Czech who enjoyed the day and found it very informative.

Association of Community Councils AGM – Vic gave a good report of the AGM. There was a Q & A session after which was not felt to be successful as the MSP’s did not seem as keen as we would have liked.

Prestonpans Woodland – Margaret Kay updated us on the archeological survey, cost of £7.5k, carried out. The area is now declared ok to go ahead with plans to plant trees 24th November and the apple trees planted in Feb 08.
Community Centre – The sculpter has been contacted for the miners memorial. The centre has requested better signage and lights near the centre.

Coastal Erosion –No positive response so Viv to contact Alan Forsyth.

AOCB

1) Ayres Wynd has been resurfaced but Kirk street still needs work – Alex Czech to take up with ELC
2) The road to the sailing club has large potholes needing infilling, Willie advised that as most of the monies had been spent on the schools funding should be available next year – AC to contact ELC
3) The issue of traffic lights at Schaw Road was discussed and Willie Innes is to take this forward.
4) Margaret Kay advised that there had been a good response to from the Traffic Warden at Ayres Wynd but he was getting abuse. The new Policemen will contact him and patrol the area. They also suggested railings which Willie Innes will take up with Margaret Kay.

MEETING CLOSED AT 8.20pm WITH A VOTE OF THANKS TO CHAIR
Next meeting 15th January 2008 at 7pm Aldhammer House.

Published Date: January 14th 2008


Back Back to top
ugg pas cher bottes fourr¨¦es ugg ugg bottes